- To provide affordable housing solutions.
- To provide security of tenure by ensuring the provision of land titles to purchasers.
- To work closely with all partners that is, community-based organisations, and other stakeholders and interest groups to encourage community development and empowerment.
- To collaborate with public and private entities in order to meet the housing needs of Jamaicans.
- To enhance customer service delivery to ensure that all customers are treated with respect and dignity.
Housing Agency of Jamaica (HAJ) is a land and housing development company that provides shelter solutions for Jamaicans islandwide. Wholly owned by the local government, HAJ falls under the umbrella of the Ministry of Transport, Works and Housing, and its core services include providing shelter solutions on the open market, mortgage servicing and upgrading informal settlements. The agency is headed by a managing director while governed by a board of directors, and was formed in 1998 through the merger of three entities; namely Caribbean Housing Finance Corporation Limited (CHFC), National Housing Corporation Limited (NHC) and Operation Pride. Our Vision The Housing Agency of Jamaica Limited is the market leader providing affordable, innovative and environmentally friendly housing solutions and services. Our Mission The Housing Agency of Jamaica provides affordable housing solutions and services to potential homeowners and agencies through product innovation, excellent customer service and strategic partnerships delivered by highly motivated employees. Our Goals and Objectives HAJ has a commitment to the people of Jamaica. We strive: